The project was to create a Logo, a full screen image, a wordpress banner and two placeholder images. These are for my wordpress and Youtube channel. I used Photoshop throughout doing all of this and I saved all of them as jpg and png. At first I had various ideas for my Youtube banner the first being an image of myself from my music video, I learnt how to crop out the image of myself which took a while but then I thought that in a few years it would look silly so I decided to be a bit basic and use my name instead. I added in my star which is Aries so it could a bit more eye catching then just my name.
The full screen image was for my phone podcast which I think turned out well. This one is the most different from the rest of the images I have done as it actually has colour and stands out more but is still simple at the same time.
For my first placeholder image I took this image and got rid of the text so I could add in my initials. I did this by using the rubber and rubbing out the text there. This is my image on Youtube and it goes with my banner and also my profile picture on wordpress.
My second placeholder image at first changed because to me looked childish so I decided to make it different from the other one I have. I searched sky backgrounds, star backgrounds and then I thought of having the image a bit blurry which made me do this. All I did was add in font onto the image. I also use this as my logo for wordpress.
This was one of my ideas as a placeholder image. I am not using it anymore
There was an option to have an icon for my wordpress so I just cropped out my first and used the last part.
The hardest thing was using Photoshop as it was my first but I did get use to it, I did watch tutorial videos to show me how to add text, choose which size and how to crop part of an image. Choosing an image for my initials to go on top, sizing really made for this because if the image was too small sizing it to be bigger ruined the image. When I had completely finished with the images uploading them onto Youtube was hard as when I went to adjust to crop it the image wasn’t appearing so I had to guess as well as if the writing was too high I would have to lower but each time I did it didn’t work that much. I didn’t find much easier I guess when I got the hang of adding in text and moving it to be in the correct position. I also redone my Youtube banner as I found the font too big so I went into Photoshop and redone it with no problem even though I had used Photoshop in a while.
I believe it is successful piece of work as I have never used Photoshop until now and the outcome of everything was better then I expected even though it wasn’t that amazing I still did all what had to be done. I am happy with the final piece it came out at a decent standard. The things that went well was completing the task at hand and it was to the best of my ability. I would use these again if needs be. If I did this differently I would look more at famous logos then I did so I get a better understanding and more of an idea. I would be confident in redoing this project.